AARON GRUSBY, MA EDUCATION
• Boston, Ma. 02149• Skype-aaron.grusby1 • [email protected] •
Strong career oriented candidate with educational expertise specifically in English as a Foreign Language as well as providing excellent training to all organizations in the corporate and not for profit industries.
6/10-5/14 Boston Academy of English Boston, MA
• Taught ESL to foreign students speaking various languages from Spanish, Italian, Russian and Eastern Asia.
• Taught various types of English classes from general English all levels from basic to fluency. In these types of classes you were dealing with students who just wanted to learn standard American English.
• Taught specialized English classes such as business English either in groups of no more than five students or tutoring business people one on one. These classes were designed according to the needs of the students. One example was a student who needed to both know how to run a business meeting and do presentations. In addition to business students I also was involved with writing workshops both in creative writing and how to design job proposals as well.
• My student base was wide and varied coming from many different backgrounds including the Middle East and Africa. I learned before this, but I was reminded that each student is an individual and you must be sensitive to their cultural background.
6/10- 9/13 Cambridge Center for Adult Education Cambridge, MA
• Taught ESL to adult learners mainly Spanish and Brazilian Students in Beginning and intermediate Students and taught business English and Advanced Class of American Slang and English Idioms
• Taught TOEFL test preparation to improve English of non native English Speakers
• My experience here was with a diverse group of immigrants from different parts of the world needing a wide variety of language help. American Slang classes using the internet to find easy to advanced difficult slang and idioms. As part of my experience I used some of the most up to date technology such as smart board, and rear projection systems.
2007-2009 Kaplan, Inc. Boston, Ma.
• English Instructor and Event Coordinator to corporate and educational clients
• Teaching teenagers and Business students the English Language
• Experience in teaching business English, TOEFL and TOEIC. In this position I taught mostly advanced students college preparation TOEFL, SAT and GMAT. I also, taught business executives who were looking to pass TOEIC exams and just trying to improve their English. These classes were either in groups of no more than five students or one on one tutoring. The tutoring classes were specialized designed to a student ‘s specific needs.
2005-2007 International School of Marymount Medellin, Colombia
English and History Teacher (Grades 8 & 9) Afterschool ESL Coordinator
• Convey to the students the themes of the curriculum to expand their knowledge.
• Conduct class in an atmosphere of freedom of expression and constructive criticism.
• Prepare lesson plans that were forward thinking in nature
2004-2005 Mazapan School La Ceiba, Honduras English and History Teacher (Grades 10,11and 12)
• Convey through history, geography, and other disciplines the movement of man through time.
• Instruct the students in correct study habits.
• Perform other duties as assigned by principal or director of the school.
2000-2004 International School of Olanchito Tegucigalpa, Honduras English and Humanities Teacher (Grade 5and 6) – Afterschool ESL Coordinator
• To guide students in a multi-media environment through listening, speaking, and writing the English language.
• To turn in weekly study plans so that the administration could see where I was leading my students in their course of study.
• Responsible for after school study center coordinating, setting up schedules for both students, and teachers after school activities.
Textbooks, Education Web Sites, Kaplan web site, International School of Marymount Application, PeopleSoft, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, Language Software Applications, Other Research Tools
Fully Fluent Writing, Reading and Speaking German
American Institute for English Studies, Tegucigalpa, Honduras, Certificate in TEFL in (2000)
Masters of Arts, Major: English Education, University of Massachusetts, Boston, MA (1985)
Bachelor of Arts, Major: Education and History, University of Massachusetts, Boston, (1982)
Email Aaron –[email protected]